HBase, mail # dev - ProtoBuf generation?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-12, 22:28
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-12, 22:37
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-12, 23:12
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-01-12, 23:14
+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-12, 23:27
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-01-12, 23:33
+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-12, 23:38
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-01-13, 16:43
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-01-13, 20:10
Re: ProtoBuf generation?
Andrew Purtell 2013-01-13, 20:25
Hadoop 2 requires protoc for building as Alejandro mentions, and an
optimistic read of the future says we will eventually move on from Hadoop
1. protoc is not difficult to download, configure, compile, and install --
and some distros have packages for it. I may have been bitten ~10 times in
2012 for lacking it here and there but that would not be the typical
experience. I was also bitten by needing a recent enough version of Maven.
I see lacking protoc as the same type of build requirement inconvenience.
Seems reasonable to adopt a maven plugin to invoke protoc and a binding of
this to our build targets.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy