Sqoop, mail # user - Sqoop User Meetup in October during Hadoop World 2013

+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-07-12, 15:55
Re: Sqoop User Meetup in October during Hadoop World 2013
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-08-11, 17:31
Hi Sqoop users and developers,
the meetup will be held at Hotel Hilton (same hotel as for the conference itself) on Monday 2013-10-28 from 18:30:

 1335 Avenue of the Americas , New York, NY

I've updated the meeting details to reflect the changes:

  http://www.meetup.com/Sqoop-User-Meetup/events/129236352/

We're currently looking for couple of speakers that would share Sqoop use cases, tips&tricks, implementation details or any funny stories about Sqoop. If you have 15-20 minutes long talk on your mind, please do not hesitate and contact me directly!

Thank you Cloudera for graciously sponsoring the space, food and beverages for the event!

Jarcec

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 08:55:09AM -0700, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:
> Hi Sqoop users and developers,
> I would like to organize Sqoop user meetup during Hadoop World 2013, where most of the hadoop positive folks will be in New York. For this purpose I've created a meetup on our meetup.com profile:
>
> http://www.meetup.com/Sqoop-User-Meetup/events/129236352/
>
> The conference itself is happening on October 28-30, so we should preferably meet either on 28 or 29th on late afternoon. To that extend I was wondering if there is a user, developer or company in New York that would be so kind and offer space that we can use for the meetup? Considering our last meetups, conference room for approximately 15 people should be more then enough.
>
> I would propose to start the meetup with couple of short presentations (roughly 20 minutes each) about various Sqoop topics or use cases followed by socializing. If you have any topic that you would like to present, do let me know!
>
> Jarcec
+
Venkat Ranganathan 2013-08-31, 23:44
+