Hive, mail # dev - ObjectInspectorUtils.copyToStandardObject and union types

ObjectInspectorUtils.copyToStandardObject and union types
Siyang Chen 2013-04-30, 00:49
Calling ObjectInspectorUtils.copyToStandardObject() on a union type object returns just the object without any sort of information about its type. (See lines 302-310, which start "case UNION:".)

I'd like to change the method to return an object of type UnionObject so that we retain type information. Does anyone have any issues with this?
Siyang Chen