Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Zookeeper ensemble backup questions?

+
jack ma 2013-07-19, 18:00
+
Sergey Maslyakov 2013-07-19, 18:19
+
jack ma 2013-07-19, 18:42
+
Sergey Maslyakov 2013-07-19, 19:15
+
Sergey Maslyakov 2013-07-19, 19:29
+
jack ma 2013-07-19, 22:28
+
Thawan Kooburat 2013-07-19, 21:24
+
jack ma 2013-07-19, 22:32
Re: Zookeeper ensemble backup questions?
You don't need to stop ZooKeeper or wait until the system become idle.
You can do a live backup.

When you perform a backup, and restore from that backup.  This will give
you the same result as if ZooKeeper has crashed and restart at some point
during backup is being performed.

Again, if you need to make a backup of a very specific point in time, you
can either stop zookeeper or block all client port.   Or write some tool
to process txnlog if stopping zookeeper is not possible.
--
Thawan Kooburat

+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-07-19, 18:13