Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Supporting cross-project Jenkins builds

Re: Supporting cross-project Jenkins builds
Alejandro,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Giri,
>
> I agree that running ALL tests all time takes a lot of time
> (personally I'd prefer we do this at the penalty of longer runs).
>
> Still we have a problem to solve, we need to find a solution on
> test-patch working for ALL maven modules, currently changes outside of
> common/hdfs/mapred or cross-projects test-patch does not work.
>
> So, how about the following approach:
>
> * All patches must be at trunk/ level
> * All patches do a full clean TARBALL creation without running testcases
> * From the patch file we find out the maven modules and for those
> modules we do javac-warns/javadoc-warns/findbugs/testcases

I like this approach of doing a clean tarball.
and doing the other checks ( javac warnings, javadoc warnings, findbug
warnings and release audit.)
for that specific module.

> This would speed up test-patch runs and together with a nightly
> jenkins jobs running ALL testcases would give a complete coverage.

test-patch and nightly jenkins jobs running ALL testcase?
could you pls explain this?