HBase >> mail # dev >> Help on running HBase on Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Re: Help on running HBase on Windows 7 Ultimate x64
St.Ack et al,

I just got the HBaseClient working successfully on my Windows 7 desktop
environment.  Also, my colleague got the stock out of the box HBase working
on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition on x64 platform.  He got hbase
shell working as well with no special configuration.  My Windows 7 desktop
environment works well IF I do not use hbase shell.  Running the client
software via the API works.  What is shocking is that the hbase shell
hangs...  I am trying to pull a process/thread/resources dump to time the
activities to see where the hang is... That will take some time...

Be back soon...
Rob
--
Arnold H. Glasow - "Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at
the right time."