Accumulo >> mail # user >> Changing Time on Server

+
Ott, Charles H. 2013-07-26, 03:03
Re: Changing Time on Server
Yes, yanking the time around by more than the zookeeper timeout can cause
havoc, since the system cannot reason about session guarantees.  But moving
the time around by a few seconds should be fine.

The changes for ACCUMULO-1572 might help.

-Eric

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM, Ott, Charles H. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I know this question may be a bit off topic for Accumulo, but I am curious
> about Zookeeper and changing server time.  Is it possible to correct the
> clock on a server without zookeeper/hadoop/accumulo combination breaking on
> a development VM with all three services running?  Last time I tried to do
> it, I believe zookeeper wasnt able to track sessions properly, and
> everything failed to communicate.

+
Ott, Charles H. 2013-07-26, 14:36
+