Accumulo, mail # user - Changing Time on Server

+
Ott, Charles H. 2013-07-26, 03:03
Re: Changing Time on Server
Eric Newton 2013-07-26, 12:42
Yes, yanking the time around by more than the zookeeper timeout can cause
havoc, since the system cannot reason about session guarantees.  But moving
the time around by a few seconds should be fine.

The changes for ACCUMULO-1572 might help.

-Eric

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM, Ott, Charles H. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I know this question may be a bit off topic for Accumulo, but I am curious
> about Zookeeper and changing server time.  Is it possible to correct the
> clock on a server without zookeeper/hadoop/accumulo combination breaking on
> a development VM with all three services running?  Last time I tried to do
> it, I believe zookeeper wasnt able to track sessions properly, and
> everything failed to communicate.

+
Ott, Charles H. 2013-07-26, 14:36
+