Hadoop, mail # general - Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release

+
Arun C Murthy 2012-11-16, 06:41
+
lohit 2012-11-16, 20:58
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-11-16, 21:14
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-11-16, 23:34
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-11-16, 23:38
+
Stack 2012-11-17, 05:34
+
Robert Evans 2012-11-19, 16:22
+
Siddharth Seth 2012-11-19, 18:09
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-11-19, 19:08
+
Tom White 2012-11-20, 12:41
+
lohit 2012-12-03, 18:02
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-12-04, 14:09
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-12-06, 02:59
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-05, 02:03
+
Arun Murthy 2012-12-05, 02:56
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-05, 21:26
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-11-19, 19:39
+
Bikas Saha 2012-11-20, 05:18
+
Steve Loughran 2012-11-19, 20:41
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-18, 19:45
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-12-19, 04:15
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-12-19, 04:43
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-12-19, 05:00
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-12-19, 05:07
+
Heather Bales 2012-12-19, 16:15
+
Prabakaran Krishnan 2012-12-19, 11:26
+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-19, 14:10
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-16, 14:52
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-01-16, 18:30
Re: Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-16, 18:38
Seems reasonable since it's a small patch and has had one round of review.

I spoke to Todd yesterday and he seemed to think it can be pushed in fairly soon too. So that's two of you.

Anyway, since I'm still awaiting HADOOP-9215 too, I'd appreciate if we can get HDFS-4404 committed asap.

thanks,
Arun

On Jan 16, 2013, at 10:30 AM, Suresh Srinivas wrote:

> Arun,
>
> HDFS-4404 is not marked as a blocker. It is a serious bug and I would like
> to make it a blocker. Let me know if you are okay.
>
> If folks do not want to hold the release for that fix, lets at least try to
> capture that in release notes and try get that fix into 2.0.4.
>
> Regards,
> Suresh
>

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 6:52 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Happy new year folks!
>>
>> I'm glad to see that we are down to the last couple of blockers I hope we
>> can resolve in the next 24-hrs or so.
>>
>> Once done, I'll create a branch-2.0.3-alpha to unblock branch-2 for
>> commits targeted towards the next release, create the new fix-versions in
>> jira and spin the RC.
>> Committers - after the branch is created, please use only the new
>> fix-version (2.0.4) and check with me before you commit to
>> branch-2.0.3-alpha. Thanks.
>>
>> As always, I'd appreciate help to resolve any unexpected surprises and
>> also to help verify the RC.
>>
>> Hopefully we can start the new year with a great release, there are lots
>> of goodies in 2.0.3-alpha.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Arun
>>
>> On Dec 18, 2012, at 9:00 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>>
>>> As Sid responded I think we can move off alpha once we fix
>> YARN-142/MAPREDUCE-4067. There are other apis we should clean up, but none
>> as egregious as those two.
>>>
>>> Someone on my team is starting on it as we speak and I believe we can
>> get it done sometime in Jan... thus targetting 2.0.4 (as a beta?). By then
>> we'll also have wider rollouts of YARN and would have fixed some more
>> issues we've seen at very high scale deployments at Y!. Sounds like the
>> right time to do a beta release to me.
>>>
>>> Arun

>> thoughts

Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-01-25, 00:35
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-01-28, 23:11
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-01-29, 16:51
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-01-29, 17:21
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-29, 17:51
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-01-31, 05:01
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-01-31, 05:15
+
Bhandarkar, Milind 2012-11-17, 00:05
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-11-17, 04:27
+
Robert Evans 2012-11-19, 16:27
+
Mariappan Asokan 2012-11-19, 17:18
+
Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda 2012-11-19, 17:45