HBase >> mail # dev >> Use of required keyword in protobuf messages

Re: Use of required keyword in protobuf messages
I agree with most of the comments here, particularly that at some point we
should go through and review all the "required" fields.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we have only guaranteed the following
are compatible:
- Client/Server across 1 major version
- Server/Server different minor versions

So we don't need to keep required fields for eons, necessarily.  And it may
make sense to be looser about allowing "required" for server/server
communication than for client/server.

Greg