Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: [DISCUSS] Getting to Hadoop 2.X beta

+
Steve Loughran 2013-04-24, 16:42
On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> There's quite a few preconditions to be met for a piece of
>> software to reach beta status. Quite a few of them are now
>> being discussed in a neighboring thread 'Compatibility in
>> Apache Hadoop' ( http://s.apache.org/VE1 ) but I'd like to
>> kick off a broader discussion: what do you think a *complete*
>> list should look like, before we can honestly signal this
>> change to the rest of the world.
>>
>> It would be very nice if the things that are offered as part
>> of the criteria are easily quantifiable, but lets brainstorm
>> first anyway. We can always stack-rank and quantify later.
>>
> I need to get YARN-117 in before the service lifecycle is frozen forever

We certainly need to get a list of blocker JIRAs for what would be
our first beta release. This actually, raises a practical, question:
what do we tag those?

Or to put it another way: can we all agree that 2.0.5 should be our
first beta release?

Thanks,
Roman.
+