HBase, mail # user - Loading data, hbase slower than Hive?

Re: Loading data, hbase slower than Hive?
Anoop John 2013-01-17, 17:00
In case of Hive data insertion means placing the file under table path in
HDFS.  HBase need to read the data and convert it into its format. (HFiles)
MR is doing this work..  So this makes it clear that HBase will be slower.
:)  As Michael said the read operation...

-Anoop-