Hadoop >> mail # user >> help for snappy

+
hadoop hive 2012-02-27, 06:16
+
alo alt 2012-02-27, 06:20
+
hadoop hive 2012-02-27, 06:28
Re: help for snappy
After you have installed snappy you have to configure the codec like the URL I posted before or you can reference them in your MR jobs. Be sure you have the jars in your classpath for.

For storing snappy compressed files in HDFS you should use Pig or Flume.

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

On Feb 27, 2012, at 7:28 AM, hadoop hive wrote:

> thanks Alex,
>
> i m using Apache hadoop, steps i followed
>
> 1:- untar snappy
> 2:- entry in mapred site
>
> this can be used like deflate only(like only on overwriting file)
>

> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:50 AM, alo alt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDHDOC/Snappy+Installation#SnappyInstallation-UsingSnappyforMapReduceCompression
>>
>> best,
>> Alex
>>
>> --
>> Alexander Lorenz
>> http://mapredit.blogspot.com
>>
>> On Feb 27, 2012, at 7:16 AM, hadoop hive wrote:
>>
>>> Hey folks,
>>>
>>> i m using hadoop 0.20.2 + r911707 , please tell me the installation and
>> how
>>> to use snappy for compression and decompression
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Vikas Srivastava

+
hadoop hive 2012-02-27, 07:14