Avro >> mail # user >> Correct avsc definition for array of external object's

Re: Correct avsc definition for array of external object's
Hi Doug,
Thanks for getting back to me.
Of course I read it all through, but its the last part of your comment that
has grabbed my attention.

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Nesting would certainly work, but may make things harder to maintain
> if you reference the type in several different .avsc files.

+1. I realized this 5 mins after I sent the mail you replied to :)

> But, from what I can tell, the Gora
> compiler does not currently support this (although it would not be
> hard to add).

... we've not needed it yet. :) However, yeah that doesn't mean it won't
happen int he future.

> Avro IDL does support imports, so you might use Avro's IDL compiler to
> convert .avdl files to .avsc files that expand nested types, then use
> the Gora compiler to compile these.

This sounds like just the ticket... AND you guys wrote the
avro-maven-plugin. How good is that ;)
Thanks for feedback.
Lewis