Accumulo >> mail # user >> Insert and delete row

+
Roshan Punnoose 2013-01-17, 13:59
Re: Insert and delete row
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 5:59 AM, Roshan Punnoose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We had noticed some interesting behavior in our Accumulo instance. When we
> delete a row and add that exact same row (with the same timestamp) after
> the delete, the row still does not exist. It makes sense because the delete
> really just adds a delete row that tells Accumulo to ignore any row that is
> equal to it. Is there a way to bypass this? Where I could set up my own
> iterator to decide if a row should be deleted or not? (not sure how I would
> decide yet, but just seeing if it is possible to bypass the delete logic as
> is)

If you do a full compaction before re-inserting the entry, the deletion
entry will be removed.  I believe compacting a range is also sufficient
(available in newer versions of Accumulo).

Billie

> I tried to set up an Iterator in priority=1 to see if I could see a delete
> row, but it did not seem to make it to my iterator.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Roshan Punnoose
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

+