MapReduce >> mail # user >> JobClient using deprecated JobConf

+
Martin Becker 2010-09-22, 09:37
+
Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu 2010-09-22, 09:43
+
Tom White 2010-09-22, 16:29
+
Martin Becker 2010-09-22, 16:59
+
Tom White 2010-09-22, 18:04
+
Martin Becker 2010-09-23, 07:54
+
David Rosenstrauch 2010-09-22, 17:53
Re: JobClient using deprecated JobConf
David,

This was discussed here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg01833.html.
The reason is basically to give users more time to move to the new
API. The old API will be marked as deprecated in 0.22.0.

Cheers,
Tom

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 10:53 AM, David Rosenstrauch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hmmm.  Any idea as to why the undeprecation?  I thought the intention was to
> try to move everybody to the new API.  Why the reversal?
>
> Thanks,
>
> DR
>
> On 09/22/2010 12:29 PM, Tom White wrote:
>>
>> Note that JobClient, along with the rest of the "old" API in
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapred, has been undeprecated in Hadoop 0.21.0 so
>> you can continue to use it without warnings.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 2:43 AM, Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
>>>
>>> In 0.21, JobClient methods are available in
>>> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job
>>> and org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Cluster classes.
>>>
>>> On 9/22/10 3:07 PM, "Martin Becker"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hello,
>>>
>>> I am using the Hadoop MapReduce version 0.20.2 and soon 0.21.
>>> I wanted to use the JobClient class to circumvent the use of the command
>>> line interface.
>>> I am noticed that JobClient still uses the deprecated JobConf class for
>>> jib submissions.
>>> Are there any alternatives to JobClient not using the deprecated JobConf
>>> class?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Martin

+