Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Plain View
Drill >> mail # user >> Towards doc of distributed mode of M1


+
Michael Hausenblas 2013-10-28, 13:04
+
Ashish 2013-10-30, 08:39
+
Michael Hausenblas 2013-10-30, 08:55
+
Ashish 2013-10-30, 09:27
Copy link to this message
-
Re: Towards doc of distributed mode of M1

> Got it, any pointers for this for further details?

Not yet. WIP. But IIRC Tim was working on something similar for AWS with Whirr.

BTW, I’ve updated https://github.com/mhausenblas/apache-drill-sandbox/tree/master/M1 now to also include CLI details …
Cheers,
Michael

--
Michael Hausenblas
Ireland, Europe
http://mhausenblas.info/

On 30 Oct 2013, at 09:27, Ashish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Michael Hausenblas <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>
>>> Followed the steps and was able to run the cluster and execute query :)
>>> Thanks for this doc.
>>
>> Great! Glad it was useful.
>>
>>
>>> 1. For Zookeeper section, can point to Zookeeper docs. The setting are
>>> generic to Zookeeper installation. After reading the statement "Create a
>>> config file conf/apache-drill-zoo.cfg that holds the Apache Drill
>> specific
>>> settings" and was looking for specific needs that Drill might have, but
>>> they were generic, so I reused my existing Zookeeper setup.
>>
>> Yup, that’s right. In fact, there is something more in the pipeline (GCE
>> deployment) so this one is a bit of a future investment ;)
>>
>
> Got it, any pointers for this for further details?
>
>
>>
>>
>>> Rest all worked fine. 2nd query on sqlline ran with following warning
>>> (looks like a friendly warning message)
>>>
>>> Oct 30, 2013 2:05:16 PM org.apache.drill.optiq.DrillAggregateRule onMatch
>>> WARNING: org.eigenbase.rel.InvalidRelException: DrillAggregateRel does
>> not
>>> support DISTINCT aggregates
>>
>> Yeah, encountered that as well. Anyone wanna chime in here?
>>
>>
>> Cheers,
>>                Michael
>>
>> --
>> Michael Hausenblas
>> Ireland, Europe
>> http://mhausenblas.info/
>>
>> On 30 Oct 2013, at 08:39, Ashish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Michael,
>>>
>>> Followed the steps and was able to run the cluster and execute query :)
>>> Thanks for this doc.
>>>
>>>
>>> Minor feedback
>>> 1. For Zookeeper section, can point to Zookeeper docs. The setting are
>>> generic to Zookeeper installation. After reading the statement "Create a
>>> config file conf/apache-drill-zoo.cfg that holds the Apache Drill
>> specific
>>> settings" and was looking for specific needs that Drill might have, but
>>> they were generic, so I reused my existing Zookeeper setup.
>>>
>>> Rest all worked fine. 2nd query on sqlline ran with following warning
>>> (looks like a friendly warning message)
>>>
>>> Oct 30, 2013 2:05:16 PM org.apache.drill.optiq.DrillAggregateRule onMatch
>>> WARNING: org.eigenbase.rel.InvalidRelException: DrillAggregateRel does
>> not
>>> support DISTINCT aggregates
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Michael Hausenblas <
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> All,
>>>>
>>>> I’ve put together a sandbox repo with a draft for instructions how to
>> set
>>>> up M1 in distributed mode:
>>>>
>>>> https://github.com/mhausenblas/apache-drill-sandbox/tree/master/M1
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Feedback welcome. Once it stabilises, we can transfer to the Confluence
>>>> wiki.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Cheers,
>>>>               Michael
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Michael Hausenblas
>>>> Ireland, Europe
>>>> http://mhausenblas.info/
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> thanks
>>> ashish
>>>
>>> Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog
>>> My Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/ashishpaliwal
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> thanks
> ashish
>
> Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog
> My Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/ashishpaliwal
NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB