Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.1-rc0

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.1-rc0
Roman Shaposhnik 2012-02-09, 01:40
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've created a release candidate for hadoop-0.23.1 that I would like to release.
>
> It is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-0.23.1-rc0/

Pulled this RC into Bigtop, built on all the 6 supported platforms
(Hadoop packages
are available from here):
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Bigtop-hadoop-0.23-Hadoop/label={centos5,centos6,fedora15,fedora16,sles11,lucid}/
E.g.:
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Bigtop-hadoop-0.23-Hadoop/label=centos5/

Now running tests with the full stack (both secure and non-secure
env.). So far so good!

One minor, cosmetic thing to notice is that it would be really nice to emphasize
source tarballs over the binary one. To that end, would it be possible to call
the release tarball:
     hadoop-0.23.1.tar.gz
and the binary one:
     hadoop-0.23.1-bin.tar.gz
?

That would be more in line with most all other Apache projects I've seen doing
releases of convenience artifacts.

Thanks,
Roman.