MapReduce, mail # dev - MRv1 in 0.23+

Re: MRv1 in 0.23+
Eli Collins 2011-09-07, 19:01
My understanding is that the MR1 code is currently needed to run the tests
because there is no Mini MR cluster for MR2.  So the code is needed until
the tests can run against MR2 (not sure if there's an effort underway).
However, see MR-2736, if we remove the ability to run the daemons I don't
think we need to maintain eg the code for security patches. Ie seems like 23
and trunk should be able to ignore the LTC fixes.

Thanks,
Eli