HDFS >> mail # user >> moving data

RE: moving data
>From the command line you can hadoop fs -copyFromLocal <source> <destination>

Dave Shine
Sr. Software Engineer
321.939.5093 direct |  407.314.0122 mobile
CI Boost(tm) Clients  Outperform Online(tm)  www.ciboost.com<http://www.ciboost.com/>

From: Soheila Dehghanzadeh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 8:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: moving data

Hi All,

I want to move my data from my server into hadoop file system to run a jar file using this data on a hadoop cluster.
I have 2 questions.
if my java program which I want to run on a hadoop cluster refers to an address on another server, how i should specify the address in my java program?
otherwise, if the java program is only allowed to use data that resides on hdfs, how i can move my data from my server onto hdfs?

Thanks
-Peace.
-Soheila D.

The information contained in this email message is considered confidential and proprietary to the sender and is intended solely for review and use by the named recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.