HBase, mail # dev - deprecating (old) metrics in favor of metrics2 framework

+
Ted Yu 2012-07-07, 14:23
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-07-09, 16:28
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-09, 16:35
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-09, 19:28
+
Elliott Clark 2012-07-09, 21:34
+
lars hofhansl 2012-07-09, 23:47
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-09, 23:52
+
lars hofhansl 2012-07-09, 23:56
+
Otis Gospodnetic 2012-07-10, 04:05
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 08:45
+
Gary Helmling 2012-07-10, 18:26
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 19:02
+
Gary Helmling 2012-07-10, 20:29
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 20:35
+
Gary Helmling 2012-07-10, 20:55
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 21:03
+
Alex Baranau 2012-07-10, 22:24
+
Elliott Clark 2012-07-10, 22:33
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 23:14
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-07-10, 23:54
+
Elliott Clark 2012-07-10, 23:58
+
Alex Baranau 2012-07-11, 16:29
+
Elliott Clark 2012-07-11, 17:50
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-07-11, 18:57
+
Elliott Clark 2012-07-12, 02:07
+
Stack 2012-07-12, 08:23
+
Elliott Clark 2012-07-13, 00:11
Re: deprecating (old) metrics in favor of metrics2 framework
Elliott Clark 2012-07-10, 21:01
I think Gary here, and Stack in the other thread have raised enough points
that if I could vote I would vote in favor of holding onto the classes that
might be used externally past 0.96.0.  Right now there's no alternative to
several of our Metrics classes and the deprecations weren't out in 0.94.0.
 With all that said I don't see a large down side with keeping those
classes around while the actual hbase code base starts using something else
(the metrics2 replacements).  I added comment in HBASE-6365 with all of the
classes that I could find that would be deprecated (They all derive from or
use the old metrics code).  There are a lot