Bigtop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] BOM for Bigtop 0.6.0

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-02-11, 05:42
+
Sean Mackrory 2013-02-11, 19:58
+
Johnny Zhang 2013-02-11, 20:00
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-02-12, 03:43
+
Mark Grover 2013-02-12, 03:54
+
Stephen Chu 2013-02-12, 05:57
+
Bruno Mahé 2013-02-12, 08:52
+
Hari Shreedharan 2013-02-12, 19:39
Re: [VOTE] BOM for Bigtop 0.6.0
Hi!

I'm scraping the vote based on the major issues discovered with
backward compatibility of Hadoop 2.0.3 release.

At this point it is pretty obvious that our efforts of trying to get
Hadoop 2.0.3
release process care about the needs of the downstream projects have
failed and we need to come up with a good strategy of how to recover.

More on that in a few days.

Thanks,
Roman.

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 9:42 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Bigtop and upstream developers,
>
> I would like to submit the following as a proposed
> bill of materials (BOM) for Bigtop 0.6.0 release
> scheduled to go out at the end of March, beginning
> of April 2013. Please review this list with an eye
> towards 'known good vintages' of each proposed
> component so that we can maximize our chances
> of having a fully integrated bigdata management stack
> with the latest, yet functional pieces.
>
> The vote will run till Fri 02/15, noon PST.
>
> Upstream components:
>   * Hadoop 2.0.3-alpha
>   * Zookeeper 3.4.5 (no change from Bigtop 0.5.0)
>   * HBase 0.94.4
>   * HCatalog 0.5.0 (new, pending upstream release)
>   * Pig 0.11
>   * Hive 0.10.0
>   * Sqoop 2
>   * Oozie 3.3.1
>   * Whirr 0.8.1 (no change from Bigtop 0.5.0)
>   * Mahout 0.7 (no change from Bigtop 0.5.0)
>   * Flume 1.3.1
>   * Giraph 0.2.0
>   * Hue 2.2.0
>   * Datafu 0.0.5
>   * Solr 4.1.0
>   * Crunch 0.4.0 (no change from Bigtop 0.5.0)
>   * Tomcat 6.0.36
>
> Supported platforms:
>  *  CentOS/RHEL5
>  *  CentOS/RHEL6