Hadoop, mail # user - Open source of HiBench 2.1 (a Hadoop benchmark suite)

+
Dai, Jason 2012-06-14, 04:27
RE: Open source of HiBench 2.1 (a Hadoop benchmark suite)
Tim Broberg 2012-06-15, 20:07
Jason, HiBench looks very interesting, and I'm downloading the data files now to try it out.

HiTune looks extremely useful as well, but it looks like it is still at a prerelease level (0.9), and has been a year between commits. Is there ongoing development / maintenance on this project, and if so, will those updates be released to the public?

Thanks!

    - Tim.

From: Dai, Jason [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Open source of HiBench 2.1 (a Hadoop benchmark suite)

Hi,

HiBench, a Hadoop benchmark suite constructed by Intel, is used intensively for Hadoop benchmarking, tuning & optimizations both inside Intel and by our customers/partners. It consists of a set of representative Hadoop programs including both micro-benchmarks and more "real world" applications (e.g., search, machine learning and Hive queries).

We have made HiBench 2.1 available under Apache License 2.0 at https://github.com/hibench/HiBench-2.1, and would like to get your feedbacks on how it can be further improved. BTW, please stop by the Intel booth if you are at Hadoop summit, so that we can have more interactive discussions on both HiBench and HiTune (our Hadoop performance analyzer open sourced at https://github.com/hitune/hitune).

Thanks,
-Jason

The information contained in this email is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.  The information and any attached documents contained in this message may be Exar confidential and/or legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, dissemination or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete the original message.
+
Rob Marano 2012-06-14, 13:11
+
Luca Pireddu 2012-06-14, 15:31