Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop not updating incremental.last.value when used with "--hive-import"

Sqoop not updating incremental.last.value when used with "--hive-import"
I'm using hive 0.9.0, hadoop 1.1.1, and sqoop 1.4.2.

When I create a saved job to do an incremental import from a MySQL
server and import into Hive using "--hive-import", it appears that the
data is correctly imported, but that the incremental.last.value of the
job is not updated, so re-executing the job just imports the same
data.

If I create a job that's identical in all respects, but leave off
"--hive-import", it finishes with "INFO tool.ImportTool: Saving
incremental import state to the metastore", as I'd expect, and does in
fact update the incremental.last.value.

Is this behavior a bug? Or does Sqoop just not support incremental
imports into Hive?

-Mason