HBase >> mail # user >> hbase-0.94.3 region cannot split , which results into regionserver offline?

+
Bing Jiang 2012-12-25, 11:32
Re: hbase-0.94.3 region cannot split , which results into regionserver offline?
Can you provide more log around the time this happened ?

Looks like the exception message should be enhanced with region name.

Cheers

On Dec 25, 2012, at 3:32 AM, Bing Jiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi,all
> use hbase-0.94.3,  We have encounted an error that results into
> Regionserver offline.
>
> Stack:
>
> 2012-12-25 19:25:04,654 FATAL
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer: ABORTING region server
> 10.1.1.34,60020,1356416242185: Uncaught exception in service thread
> regionserver60020.cacheFlusher
> java.lang.AssertionError: getSplitPoint() called on a region that can't
> split!
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.Store.getSplitPoint(Store.java:1984)
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionSplitPolicy.getSplitPoint(RegionSplitPolicy.java:79)
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.checkSplit(HRegion.java:5068)
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.MemStoreFlusher.flushRegion(MemStoreFlusher.java:415)
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.MemStoreFlusher.flushRegion(MemStoreFlusher.java:387)
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.MemStoreFlusher.run(MemStoreFlusher.java:250)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
> 2012-12-25 19:25:04,654 FATAL
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer: RegionServer abort:
> loaded coprocessors are: []
> Can anyone meet these errors?
>

> Cheers!
> --
> Bing Jiang
> weibo: http://weibo.com/jiangbinglover
> BLOG: http://blog.sina.com.cn/jiangbinglover
> National Research Center for Intelligent Computing Systems
> Institute of Computing technology
> Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Science
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-25, 14:40
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-25, 16:18