Hive, mail # user - New to hive.

+
Bharati 2013-06-19, 22:54
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-06-19, 23:02
Re: New to hive.
Lefty Leverenz 2013-06-20, 05:35
"Programming Hive" and "Hadoop: The Definitive Guide" are available at the
O'Reilly website (http://oreilly.com/) and on Amazon.

But don't forget the Hive wiki:

   - Hive Home -- https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Home
   - Getting Started --
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted
   - Hive Tutorial --
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Tutorial

– Lefty

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello ma'am,
>
>       Hive queries are parsed using ANTLR <http://www.antlr.org/> and and
> are converted into corresponding MR jobs(actually a lot of things happen
> under the hood). I had answered a similar question<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17090022/hive-query-control-flow/17095756?noredirect=1#comment24873979_17095756>few days ago on SO, you might find it helpful. But I would suggest you to
> go through the original paper<http://cs.brown.edu/courses/cs227/papers/hive.pdf>which explains all these things in proper detail. I would also recommend
> you to go through the book "Programming Hive". It's really nice.
>
> HTH
>
> Warm Regards,
> Tariq
> cloudfront.blogspot.com
>

> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 4:24 AM, Bharati <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I am new to hive and need information, tutorials etc that you can point
>> to. I have installed hive to work with MySQL.
>>
>>  I can run queries. Now I would like to understand how the map and reduce
>> classes are created and how I can look at the data for the map job and map
>> class the hive query generates.  Also is there a way to create custom map
>> classes.
>> I would appreciate if anyone can help me get started.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bharati
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>> Fortigate Filtered