HBase, mail # user - min, max

+
Weishung Chung 2011-03-01, 22:03
+
Ted Yu 2011-03-01, 22:44
+
Stack 2011-03-02, 04:51
+
Ted Yu 2011-03-02, 04:58
+
Stack 2011-03-02, 05:08
+
Ted Yu 2011-03-02, 05:35
+
陈加俊 2011-03-02, 05:54
+
Weishung Chung 2011-03-02, 14:53
+
Weishung Chung 2011-03-03, 04:30
Re: min, max
Weishung Chung 2011-03-03, 15:18
Thanks, Stack!

Got a few more questions.

Does every region start with an empty byte[] and end with one too? Also, if
i get all the region infos using
Map<HRegionInfo, HServerAddress> map = table.getRegionsInfo();
Would these region infos be sorted according to the keys? If so, I would
just get the last region info from the last element in the map. (trying to
get last row)

Thank you,

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 10:39 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Weishung Chung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I tried the method as Stack suggested to find the first row, it works :)
> > have yet to learn about Filter and would like to use it too. I was
> wondering
> > which method would give a better performance.
>
> The non-filter version I'd say (smile).
>

> > As for the max, I will try it out tomorrow.
> > I thought I could use the getEndKeys() method but it doesn't work as I
> > expected. It returns empty byte[]
> > public byte[][] getEndKeys() throws IOException {
> >
> >     return getStartEndKeys().getSecond();
> >
> >   }
>
> Yeah, this is the 'endkey' on the last region.  You want the one just
> before that I take it.
>
> St.Ack

+
Bill Graham 2011-03-03, 16:50