Hadoop >> mail # general >> 0.21 Release

Re: 0.21 Release
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Jeremy Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ...and I also saw release 0.21 as is with stack as the release manager. Was
> there a final decision on this off list?

On the above, I was toying with the idea of being release manager for
releasing as hadoop 0.21.0 what is in current 0.21 hadoop branch but I
subsequently decided against it after chatting with folks and figuring
that the only group that seemed interested in driving a release of the
hadoop 0.21 branch was the hbase crew.  If I were to guess, an hadoop
vouched for by a couple of hbasers with their spotty hdfs and
mapreduce knowledge probably wouldn't have the penetration of a
release backed by, say, a Yahoo.  No one would trust their data to
such a release.  If no data in hadoop 0.21 clusters, hbase wouldn't
have anything to run against.  So I let it go and figured time could
be spent better elsewhere; e.g. helping test the set of patches that
could get us a sync/flush/append on a patched hadoop 0.20 (hdfs-200,
etc.).

Sorry, I should have added a note to cited thread that I'd wandered...

St.Ack