Drill >> mail # dev >> HBase Query Support

+
Dhruv 2013-10-28, 12:34
+
Aditya 2013-10-28, 20:36
+
James Taylor 2013-10-28, 20:31
Re: HBase Query Support
James,

Jacques and I discussed this recently and we concur that it would be a
beneficial to build such an integration between the two projects.

Would you have some time to have a meeting/hangout with Drill team to talk
this further?

Regards,
Aditya...

Regards,
Aditya...
On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM, James Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
> The idea for the Phoenix integration was to come up with the right API to
> be able to plug Phoenix into Drill as the HBase query engine/store. Jacque
> and I got busy on our respective releases, but now that those are both out,
> I think we should get back to it. If we did it right, then both products
> would be able to continue to evolve independently, but Drill would have top
> notch query performance for HBase data and Phoenix would have a new
> customer.
>
> Thoughts/ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> James
>

> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Dhruv <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I am interested in contributing towards providing HBase Query support in
> > DRILL.
> >
> >  A) Can anyone summarize existing plan+Priority for it? (Or we can
> discuss
> > in this thread and I will create WIKI page)
> >
> >  B) I see already following JIRA issues, Anybody working on this locally?
> >    B-1)    https://issues.apache.org/**jira/browse/DRILL-15<
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-15> last updated 13-Aug-13.
> >    B-2)    https://issues.apache.org/**jira/browse/DRILL-88<
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-88>Unassigned
> >    B-3)    https://issues.apache.org/**jira/browse/DRILL-63<
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-63>James Taylor seems
> interested to work
> >
> >  C) As per my understanding  implimenting
> org.apache.drill.exec.store.**hbase
> > package with following for local mode drill bit should suffice for POC?
> >      HBASERecordReader.java
> >       HBASEGroupScan
> >       HBASEScanBatchCreator
> >       HbaseSchemaProvider