HBase >> mail # dev >> [UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

Hey nick,

If you want to take a look, 2/3 parts are good to review now:  (would like
opinion on the impact of the changes as well)

I'm working on deprecation shims and finding one more translation mistake
in part 3/3

Jon.