Pig >> mail # user >> [VOTE] Pig 1.0!

[VOTE] Pig 1.0!
Hi guys,

We had a lively discussion last week regarding what version number to assign to the major release following Pig 0.9. The discussion can be seen here: http://tinyurl.com/4ng8upa.

Based on the discussion, it seemed that most people were on-board with making next release Pig 1.0 as long as we have done good job stabilizing post Pig 0.9.

I would like to call vote on calling the release Pig 1.0. I believe it is important to finalize the version number prior to starting the work on the release. I believe that this vote is part of Product Release Action and as such is subject to Lazy Majority vote: http://pig.apache.org/bylaws.html.

Please, complete the vote by the end of this Thursday, 3/10. Please, note that anybody is welcome to vote but only PMC votes are binding.

Olga

+
Santhosh Srinivasan 2011-03-07, 23:30
+