HBase, mail # user - Best way to query multiple sets of rows

+
Graeme Wallace 2013-04-08, 18:23
Re: Best way to query multiple sets of rows
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-08, 18:27
Hi Greame,

The scans are the right way to do that.

They will give you back all the data you need, chunck by chunk. Then
yoiu have to iterate over the data to do what you want with it.

What was your expectation? I'm not sure I'm getting your "so that i
dont have to issue sequential Scans".

jM

2013/4/8 Graeme Wallace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe there is an obvious way but i'm not seeing it.
>
> I have a need to query HBase for multiple chunks of data, that is something
> equivalent to
>
> select columns
> from table
> where rowid between A and B
> or rowid between C and D
> or rowid between E and F
> etc.
>
> in SQL.
>
> Whats the best way to go about doing this so that i dont have to issue
> sequential Scans ?
>
> --
> Graeme Wallace
> CTO