Hadoop >> mail # general >> Unclear Hadoop 2.1X documentation

+
Mahmoud Al-Ewiwi 2013-09-14, 17:54
+
Ted Yu 2013-09-14, 18:09
+
Mahmoud Al-Ewiwi 2013-09-14, 18:22
+
Mahmoud Al-Ewiwi 2013-09-14, 18:29
+
Ted Yu 2013-09-14, 18:38
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-15, 06:13
+
Mahmoud Al-Ewiwi 2013-09-15, 18:27
+
Ted Dunning 2013-09-16, 00:57
+
Mahmoud Al-Ewiwi 2013-09-16, 09:07
+
Jagat Singh 2013-09-16, 09:18
+
Anshu Prateek 2013-09-16, 09:39
+
Mahmoud Al-Ewiwi 2013-09-16, 10:35
+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-09-16, 13:48
Re: Unclear Hadoop 2.1X documentation
Along with what Ted says...  Find someone with a packaged demo or continue trying to manage your way through the install.
This is why some vendors are succesfull packaging Hadoop and offering support services: it's not always an easy task.

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Mahmoud Al-Ewiwi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm new to Hadoop and i want to learn it in order to do a project.
> I'v started reading the documentation at this site:
> http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.1.0-beta/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/SingleCluster.html
> for setting a single node, but i could not figure a lot of things in these
> documentation.
> 1."You should be able to obtain the MapReduce tarball from the release"
> I could not find this tarball, where is it.
> 2."You will need protoc 2.5.0 installed"
> what is that, there is no even a link for it or what is it
> 3."Assuming you have installed hadoop-common/hadoop-hdfs"
> what also are these, and why you are assuming that. i have just downlaod
> the hadoop-2.1.0-beta<http://ftp.itu.edu.tr/Mirror/Apache/hadoop/common/hadoop-2.1.0-beta/>and
> extracted it
> 4. and exported *$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME*/*$HADOOP_HDFS_HOME*
> !! that is strange, to where should these environment variables indicating
> lastly as i know,the first step tutorial should give more details. or am i
> searching the wrong side.
> **
> **
+