HBase >> mail # user >> HBase thrift API - Mutation store a float in a column

RE: HBase thrift API - Mutation store a float in a column
Hi,

Thanks Ted.

I think you mean to use flip() in order to pre-dispose the buffer for read (ie a get). if I use flip() after generating the ByteBuffer then my data gets to be stored in the row.

ByteBuffer buf = ByteBuffer.allocate(8);

buf.putFloat(12f)
buf.flip();
mutation.setValue(buf);

works...

Is this value readable by something else than another Thrift client? For example can it be read by a Java Native client as a float?