HBase >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal

Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal
> Seems like committing it will disrupt the build and src tree layout.
> Gary was holding off till we branched but 0.92 branching is taking too
> long.
>
> + Lets branch this friday, or next?
> + And or, run a vote on whether we should commit security now before
> we branch or after

This is getting off topic for the current thread, so I'll open a new thread
to take a vote on converting trunk back in to maven modules.  This is what
would be necessary to integrate the various security bits.

The last discussion we had on this was on the dev list at the end of
May/beginning of June:
http://search-hadoop.com/m/iXZmd2aZwBE1

I agreed as much as anyone that we should hold off until after branching
0.92 in order to avoid the disruption of moving the entire source tree
around.  So I have been holding off on this on my own discretion and any
delay sits mostly with me.

Of course, that was three months ago and we still haven't branched.  In
hindsight, if we were aware how long the 0.92 process would go on, I think
the thread might have reached a different conclusion.  In any case, I think
it warrants another discussion.

--gh