Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Update on my 1270 testing

+
Patrick Hunt 2011-11-05, 17:14
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-11-05, 18:59
+
Flavio Junqueira 2011-11-05, 19:01
+
Camille Fournier 2011-11-05, 19:15
+
Flavio Junqueira 2011-11-05, 19:22
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-11-07, 23:23
+
Camille Fournier 2011-11-08, 00:20
Re: Update on my 1270 testing
I'm currently trying to wrap up ZOOKEEPER-1292, and I can move to
early abandonment once I'm done here.

-Flavio

On Nov 8, 2011, at 1:20 AM, Camille Fournier wrote:

> Sorry you're feeling bad, Patrick! We can take it from here.
>
> I would really like to get some clarification on this test from some
> of the LE experts. What does it really mean that this test is failing?
> Is this sort of failure that means that sometimes we have server
> startup that takes a bit longer because leader gives up the election,
> or will server startup completely hang due to this? If it's the
> latter, it should be a high priority fix for 3.4, but if it means that
> occasionally startup might have to fail and retry once, it might be
> worth worry about in 3.4.1.
>
> Thoughts?

> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Patrick Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> That's fine (direction re 1-4). However my CI branch 3.4 build failed
>> over the w/e (once out of four runs). This is AFTER "Preparing for
>> release 3.4.0 - take 2" was applied (so testing includes 1270, 1264,
>> etc...)
>>
>> Notice testEarlyLeaderAbandonment is failing. I have attached the log
>> file to ZOOKEEPER-1270 JIRA:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12502838/testEarlyLeaderAbandonment5.txt.gz
>>
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Waiting too long
>>        at
>> org
>> .apache
>> .zookeeper
>> .server
>> .quorum.QuorumPeerMainTest.waitForAll(QuorumPeerMainTest.java:324)
>>        at
>> org
>> .apache
>> .zookeeper
>> .server
>> .quorum
>> .QuorumPeerMainTest
>> .testEarlyLeaderAbandonment(QuorumPeerMainTest.java:195)
>>        at org.apache.zookeeper.JUnit4ZKTestRunner
>> $LoggedInvokeMethod.evaluate(JUnit4ZKTestRunner.java:52)
>>
>> Should I reopen 1270, or a new jira, or... ? LMK.
>>
>> Note - I'm feeling quite ill so I have limited time to provide f/b &
>> test for the next day or so.
>>
>> Patrick
>>
>> On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@yahoo-
>> inc.com> wrote:
>>> I'm fine with your proposal. -Flavio

flavio
junqueira

research scientist

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301
+
Camille Fournier 2011-11-08, 19:01
+
Camille Fournier 2011-11-08, 19:25