Pig >> mail # user >> pig union with avro

Re: pig union with avro
Thanks for reply Cheolsoo

What's the output of describe A and B?

Output of A and B are not identical.

If the schema of A and B are not identical, union will type-cast fields to merge them

http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.11.1/basic.html#union

> I would try to find which fields pig tries to cast to bytearray while
> merging them. Casting anything to bytearray is invalid resulting this error:

I don't exactly understand the above point.

Is it some thing related to PIG 2493

This is resolved in pig 0.10 ??

cannot cast to byte array

Thanks,