HBase >> mail # user >> LRU stats

Hi,

I am running hbase 0.94.3 and I am trying to understand the LRU cache stats
here:

LRU Stats: total=428.75 MB, free=4.05 GB, max=4.46 GB, blocks=35961,
accesses=23808283, hits=23098837, hitRatio=97.02%,
cachingAccesses=23135166, cachingHits=23066278,
cachingHitsRatio=99.70%, *evictions=0,
evicted=33211*
*
*
I don't understanding why the number of evictions is 0 - which means that
the number of eviction thread runs is 0, AFAIK. Also, I see that 30K blocks
were evicted - how is that possible ? I have set the hfile evict on close
to the default value - which is false - so blocks should not be evicted
when hfiles are closed. Where are the evicted blocks coming from when the
block is mostly empty and no eviction runs have occured.

Thanks
Varun