Zookeeper >> mail # user >> determining zookeeper capacity requirements

Re: determining zookeeper capacity requirements
No swap, we keep swap turned off following the "better to OOM than
slow down" theory. I'm gonna try to get GC's plotted for all of these
JVMs. I'm also finding instances where watches are fired but an
exception thrown inside the watch evaporates the thread without
exception handling and logging; I'm wrapping these.

But beyond all of that, I'm still on the hunt for guidelines for ZK
capacity sizing to get a sense of the performance and stability we
should expect with different heap sizes, ensemble sizes, number of
clients, unique watches, unique paths and update rates.