HBase >> mail # dev >> fastest way to run tests

+
Matt Corgan 2012-08-26, 22:57
+
N Keywal 2012-08-27, 06:01
+
Jesse Yates 2012-08-27, 06:41
+
Lars George 2012-08-27, 06:51
+
N Keywal 2012-08-27, 07:29
+
Ted Yu 2012-08-27, 21:16
+
Stack 2012-08-27, 21:17
+
Matt Corgan 2012-08-28, 00:23
Re: fastest way to run tests
How can I verify that the thread count setting is used?

Will jps show that many surefire processes?

Thanks,
Jimmy

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 5:23 PM, Matt Corgan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks  - that helps a good bit.  I do get some failures from things like
> "Filesystem closed" and "Address already in use", but sounds like that's
> not unexpected right now.
>

> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Thanks N for sharing the knowledge.
>> >
>> > Looks like some test needs to use random port(s):
>> >

>> testStopDuringStart(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.TestMasterNoCluster):
>> > Problem binding to sea-lab-0/10.249.196.101:60000 : Address already in
>> use
>> >   testFailover(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.TestMasterNoCluster):
>> Problem
>> > binding to sea-lab-0/10.249.196.101:60000 : Address already in use
>> >   testCatalogDeploys(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.TestMasterNoCluster):
>> > Problem binding to sea-lab-0/10.249.196.101:60000 : Address already in
>> use
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> >

>> File an issue Ted?
>> St.Ack