HDFS >> mail # dev >> Re: SDP support for Hadoop RPC

Re: SDP support for Hadoop RPC
Yes, we have. It works very well, but it is considered too niche by folks who insist on buying the least capable hardware for their test clusters, and therefore, recommend such underpowered clusters to customers as well.

- milind

> On Oct 8, 2013, at 16:49, Yasin Celik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I looked around but I think it seems there is no Sockets Direct
> Protocol(SDP) support in Hadoop RPC.
> I basically want to take advantage of Infiniband when transferring data.
> Is there any known support for this? Has anybody tried this before?
>
> Best
>
> ---------
> Yasin Celik
+