Hadoop >> mail # general >> Plans for the 0.22 Release

Re: Plans for the 0.22 Release
[Sending this again as my original post didn't make it to the list for
some reason. Can't see it in the moderation queue either.]

I don't personally see HADOOP-6685 as a blocker for a 0.22 release,
since there is a lot of value in there already that has not been
released yet, such as security. However, to get HADOOP-6685 resolved,
from my point of view the main thing to sort out are the modularity
concerns that I and others have raised, so that serializations are
pluggable and don't add potentially incompatible libraries onto the
user's classpath.

Thanks,
Tom