Hive, mail # user - Hive job not distributing

Hive job not distributing
John Omernik 2012-09-01, 20:25
I have a job that has lots of tiny map tasks that finish very fast (I think
my max time was 9 seconds) I understand that I should change my input to
avoid that... and it's difficult because these processes are using a
transform script on binary data so it makes it difficult to pull off (Long
story). That being said, the cluster isn't distributing the job. Only one
node is running the map tasks. They are finishing quickly, but I am just
wondering would cause that ... I know the job tracker and task trackers on
other nodes are running, it's just odd.