Flume >> mail # user >> hdfs.idleTimeout ,what's it used for ?

Re: hdfs.idleTimeout ,what's it used for ?
@Mohit:

For the HDFS Sink, the tmp files are placed based on the hadoop.tmp.dir
property. The default location is /tmp/hadoop-${user.name} To change this
you can add -Dhadoop.tmp.dir=<path> to your Flume command line call, or you
can specify the property in the core-site.xml of wherever your HADOOP_HOME
environment variable points to.

- Connor