HBase >> mail # user >> Re: long garbage collecting pause

Re: long garbage collecting pause
Hello

2012/10/2 Marcos Ortiz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Another thing that I´m seeing is that one of your main process is
> compaction,
> so you can optimize all this inceasing the size of your regions (by
> defaulf the size of a
> region is 256 MB), but you will have in your hands a "split/compaction
> storm" like
> Lars called them on his book.
Actually it seams like the default value for hbase.hregion.max.filesize in
0.92 was increased up to 1Go.
http://hbase.apache.org/book/upgrade0.92.html#d2051e266

But you can set it to more (max is 20Go) and split manually.
http://hbase.apache.org/book/important_configurations.html#bigger.regions

Cheers,

--
Dam