Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-02-07, 03:59
+
Robert Evans 2013-02-07, 15:33
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-02-07, 18:21
Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha
Verified the tarball checksums. Ran a couple example jobs on a 3 node
cluster successfully, with the same WARN caveat as Bobby.

+1 (non-binding).

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 7:33 AM, Robert Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I downloaded the binary package and ran a few example jobs on a 3 node
> cluster.  Everything seems to be working OK on it, I did see
>
> WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your
> platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
>
> For every shell command, but just like with 0.23.6 I don't think it is a
> blocker.
>
> +1 (Binding)
>
> --Bobby
>
> On 2/6/13 9:59 PM, "Arun C Murthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>Folks,
>>
>>I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.0.3-alpha that I
>>would like to release.
>>
>>This release contains several major enhancements such as QJM for HDFS HA,
>>multi-resource scheduling for YARN, YARN ResourceManager restart etc.
>>Also YARN has achieved significant stability at scale (more details from
>>Y! folks here: http://s.apache.org/VYO).
>>
>>The RC is available at:
>>http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.0.3-alpha-rc0/
>>The RC tag in svn is here:
>>http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.3-alpha-rc0/
>>
>>The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.
>>
>>Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.
>>
>>thanks,
>>Arun
>>

>>--
>>Arun C. Murthy