MapReduce, mail # user - Re: no _SUCCESS file in MR output directory.

+
Rahul Bhattacharjee 2013-05-06, 04:08
Re: no _SUCCESS file in MR output directory.
Rahul Bhattacharjee 2013-05-06, 07:04
Oozie is being used for triggering the MR job. Looks like oozie disables
the success file creation using the configuration that you have mentioned
for FileOutputCommitter.

I have enabled it by setting this property in conf.

Rahul
On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Rahul Bhattacharjee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Thanks Harsh for the pointers. I will find out more on this.
>

> On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 11:26 PM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I can think of a few, most obvious ones:
>>
>> 1. Job didn't succeed and/or the file was deleted (*shields self*)
>> 2. Job overrode the default FileOutputCommitter with something that
>> doesn't do success marking.
>> 3. Job specifically asked to not create such files, via config
>> mapreduce.fileoutputcommitter.marksuccessfuljobs or so, set to false.
>>
>> On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 9:54 PM, Rahul Bhattacharjee
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >

>> > A few days back , I was going through a MR job's output , but there
>> wasn't
>> > any _SUCCESS file in the output directory.
>> > I was wondering what all reasons for this  (no _SUCCESS file)?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Rahul
>>

>> --
>> Harsh J

+
Rahul Bhattacharjee 2013-05-06, 07:48
+
Eduardo Afonso Ferreira 2013-05-06, 14:24
+
Rahul Bhattacharjee 2013-05-16, 03:48
+
Harsh J 2013-05-06, 07:24