MapReduce, mail # dev - ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils

ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils
Ted Yu 2012-05-18, 03:01
Hi,
HBase 0.92 upgraded hadoop to 1.0.3 today.
We started seeing some test failures which we didn't see before. e.g.:
https://builds.apache.org/view/G-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-0.92/410/testReport/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapred/TestTableMapReduce/testMultiRegionTable/
Here is the interesting part:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils
... 15 more

In hadoop 1.0, I see:
commons-io.version=2.1

HBase doesn't specify commons-io version.

When I run the same test on MacBook, I don't see the test fail.

commons-io in local mvn repo is 1.3.2

If someone can give me hint on why the unit test failed, that would be
great.