HDFS >> mail # user >> our experiences with various filesystems and tuning options

+
Ferdy Galema 2011-05-05, 20:45
+
ShengChang Gu 2011-05-06, 02:00
+
Ferdy Galema 2011-05-06, 07:44
+
Rita 2011-05-06, 22:04
+
Eric 2011-05-09, 09:33
+
Jonathan Disher 2011-05-10, 00:07
+
Will Maier 2011-05-10, 01:22
+
Rita 2011-05-10, 04:03
+
Jonathan Disher 2011-05-10, 06:46
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-05-10, 20:57
+
Jonathan Disher 2011-05-10, 21:24
+
Will Maier 2011-05-10, 10:30
+
Rita 2011-05-10, 10:59
+
Jonathan Disher 2011-05-10, 11:26
+
Marcos Ortiz 2011-05-10, 13:14
Re: our experiences with various filesystems and tuning options

On May 10, 2011, at 6:14 AM, Marcos Ortiz wrote:
> My prefered filesystem is ZFS, It's a shame that Linux support is very inmature yet. For that reason, I changed my PostgreSQL hosts to FreeBSD-8.0 to use
> ZFS like filesystem and it's really rocks.
>
> Had anyone tested a Hadoop cluster with this filesystem?
> On Solaris or FreeBSD?

HDFS capacity numbers go really wonky on pooled storage systems like ZFS.  Other than that, performance is more than acceptable vs. ext4.  [Sorry, I don't have my benchmark numbers handy.]
+
Marcos Ortiz 2011-05-10, 13:06