HDFS >> mail # user >> our experiences with various filesystems and tuning options

Re: our experiences with various filesystems and tuning options

On May 10, 2011, at 6:14 AM, Marcos Ortiz wrote:
> My prefered filesystem is ZFS, It's a shame that Linux support is very inmature yet. For that reason, I changed my PostgreSQL hosts to FreeBSD-8.0 to use
> ZFS like filesystem and it's really rocks.
>
> Had anyone tested a Hadoop cluster with this filesystem?
> On Solaris or FreeBSD?

HDFS capacity numbers go really wonky on pooled storage systems like ZFS.  Other than that, performance is more than acceptable vs. ext4.  [Sorry, I don't have my benchmark numbers handy.]