Hadoop, mail # user - Does hadoop installations need to be at same locations in cluster ?

Re: Does hadoop installations need to be at same locations in cluster ?
Michael Segel 2011-12-23, 12:56
Sure,
You could do that, but in doing so, you will make your life a living hell.
Literally.

Think about it... You will have to manually manage each nodes config files...

So if something goes wrong you will have a hard time diagnosing the issue.

Why make life harder?

Why not just do the simple think and make all of your DN the same?

Sent from my iPhone